Management Tools: Meaning?
Managers have an immense responsibility and, above all, a massive influence on their employees. They also control the work processes within a company. To ensure that this influence also has a positive effect on the company’s success, managers use so-called leadership tools. They have both direct and indirect management tools at their disposal.
Direct management tools
With the help of direct management tools, managers have the opportunity to directly influence the behavior of employees.
- Giving feedback
- Praise and appreciation – motivation
- Constructive criticism talks
- Employee interviews
- Creating trust
- Participation in decisions
- Transferring individual tasks
- Promotion and development of individual employees – Career planning
- Clear assignment of individual tasks
Indirect management tools
Using indirect management tools, management tools do NOT directly impact employees. Rather, they create a working environment that has a positive impact on individual employees.
- Designing the working environment
- Selection of personnel
- Creating incentives and control systems
- Establishing clear rules
- Competitive behavior between employees
- Team development – team events, team building, etc.
The success of management tools is not quantity, but quality.