What is New Work?
The term New Work refers to the modern way of working that has emerged as a result of digitalization and globalization. Freedom and values are core factors of New Work.
THE VALUES OF NEW WORK
From the above, the following core values emerge:
- Development of one’s own personality and creativity
- Freedom of action
- Participation in the community
- Self-determined action
HOW NEW WORK IS IMPLEMENTED
- First and foremost, it takes a holistic mindset to implement New Work. The goal is to become as flexible as possible in order to be able to react optimally to changing circumstances as quickly as possible. The pioneers of the New Work concept are clearly startups.
- Particularly when it comes to attitudes toward work, a clear trend has developed in recent years: Work-life balance. The focus is on the meaningfulness of the activity and a balanced relationship between work and leisure.
- The flexibility of this way of working means that flexible working time and location models (home office) are possible. Decentralized working becomes possible, the spatial proximity between people is no longer decisive for productivity.
- New work is also visible in new office concepts – flexible work spaces, equipped with quiet rooms, telephone boxes, etc.
- Self-determined work, making your own decisions, taking more responsibility – the New Work concept clearly distances itself from the hierarchy model of the old way of working.